Thursday, March 10, 2011

Training Partners

                Training today made me really appreciate having a good workout partner. I had gone into the day planning on hitting triceps and then walking on the treadmill in our cardio theater. The tricep training was nothing to write home about(unless someone really wants to know), but the cardio afterward really helped remind me of how important it is to have good people in your corner. The movie sucked in the theater today so I searched the gym for some other way to get my conditioning in for the day. I settled on cleaning and chest passing a heavy bag 50 times ( five sets of ten). I had put a few clients through this and it had always seemed to really challenge them.
               Well, after the first ten, I had decided I would do the entire 50 in a row, doing 50 quickly turned to 100, then eventually 150, and finally we finished around 163. I really like to challenge myself and I pushed the pace for most of our workout, however down the stretch when my enthusiasm started to decline,  my training partner was there to push me over the hump. I ended up having one of the best workout I have had in a long time. I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you really want to take your fitness to the next level, one key is to have someone with you to push you past the point where you want to quit  and go home. Whether that person is a personal trainer, friend, or just someone with similar goals as you, it is a lot easier to achieve what you want in the gym with someone there with you.
                            
                                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment